Skip to main content

Lip butter - Himalaya Herbals


Hi friends,

Today I would like to share my review on this super cute and yet so effective lip balm from a well known brand Himalaya.

What the company claims:
A unique and luxurious blend of exotic butters that provides nourishing care, keeping your lips supple, smooth, and healthy all day long. Cocoa butter contains vitamin E that soothes and hydrates, preventing your lips from moisture loss. Kokum butter helps prevent lips from chapping. Mango butter rejuvenated the skin and helps minimize lip wrinkles. Free from: Petroleum, silicones, Artificial colours, Preservatives

MRP 125/-
Net Wt. 10 g
Shelf life: 29 months


My experience:
I-am-so much in love with it. (I like it more than some of the Maybelline's lip balms and Neutrogena lip balm). Okay let us get in to the details. Its texture is white-almost transparent like, and is thicker than gel and it smells more like butter. When I apply it on lips it doesn't feel sticky at all. It gives a kind of shine you get when you apply Ghee on your lips:( Nonetheless, it works really well. One time  application keeps the lips not only well moisturised but also protected for almost 4-5 hrs.

Unlike all other lip balms I have tried so far, it does not have ANY taste. Which is good! Because I hated that feeling of tasting some artificial flavour such as strawberry or chocolate or something unknown.

My lips are dry and chappy in nature, I have a habit of tearing that hard part of my lip skin when they crack.And after I started using THIS balm, I have noticed that my lips were not 100% healed while using other balms, as my lips would still crack. Now I face no issue of cracked lips, dry and rough lips or bleeding lips.

In short, Himalaya satisfies all the claims made by it. (Except the 'minimzes lip wrinkles' claim)

Pros:
1) It is natural
2) Free from silicones, Petroleum and artificial colors
3) No distasteful fragrance
4) It softens the lips and protects them from cracking and drying
5) Lasts for about 3 hrs.

Cons: 
1) I prefer the retractable sticks as they are easier and more hygienic to use, whereas this one comes in a tub, so you have to insert your finger inside, though it is okay, still if they give it in a stick or tube it would be a more hygienic and convenient option.
2) It doesn't have SPF.


Overall verdict:
It's a moisturising lip balm that soothes lips and keeps them protected from dryness.


Will I recommend it?
If you don't mind using lip balm tubs, go for it.

My current favorite balms are Innisfree and Nivea lip balms. What's your favorite balm?


Comments