Skip to main content

Soulflower Rosemary Lavender Shampoo bar review

Hola, buddies!

Today, I am going to review this shampoo bar from Soulflower. So here we go!



About the product:
Formulated to gently clean your hair, Rosemary Lavender shampoo bar nourishes hair roots & its anti-inflammatory properties counter dandruff problems. Your hair bears the brunt of the environment. As a result, you are left with flat, lifeless hair. This 100% natural shampoo bar with rosemary & lavender essential oils leaves your hair squeaky clean. Jojoba & almond oil nourish hair & prevent hairfall, leaving it soft and shiny. Convenient to carry when travelling. Use for normal to oily hair.

Ingredients:
Lemon essential oil: It is useful for dry scalp, dandruff, lice & under active sebaceous glands. It also adds a shine to dull & limp hair. Coconut milk contains vitamin E & fats, which are very effective in moisturizing hair. Nourishes hair & promotes hair growth.
Black castor oil: It increases hair growth, prevents hair fall & thinning, eliminates dry hair. It deep conditions & moisturizes hair & scalp, prevents your hair from looking frizzy & having split ends.
Cocoa butter: It is obtained from the same bean as chocolate or cocoa.!It has high moisturizing qualities that help condition & detangle hair.
Fresh ginger: It has stimulating properties which enhance blood circulation in your scalp & promote hair growth. It nourishes hair roots & its anti-inflammatory properties counter dandruff problems.

MRP: 250 Rs
Quantity: 150 gm

How to use
Rub the bar between your hands & apply the lather to your hair or rub the bar directly on your hair. Work the lather through & rinse as usual. Get smooth, long and shiny hair with Rosemary lavender shampoo bar.




My experience
I ordered this shampoo bar a few months back along with some essential oils, after consulting the Soulflower team about my hair fall issue. But I never used it, as I could never have enough faith in a soap for properly cleansing hair.

Since shampoos were leaving my hair dry and causing hair fall, I thought of giving this shampoo bar finally a try. I followed the instructions written on the cover and rubbed the bar between my hands. I was surprised to see how well it had lathered. Then I applied and rubbed the lather on my hair and rinsed my hair with lukewarm water. 

For the first time, I did not feel the need to apply a conditioner! I did not use any serum to detangle my otherwise dry, frizzy hair. The best thing about this soap is, there are no preservatives or parabens or any chemical or fragrance. It is absolutely natural. However, it didn't stop my hair fall issue. So I have stopped using it on my hair.
Besides my sister in law used it and she didn't like it as it made her hair appear rough.

PROS:
1) It is made of essential oils that help strengthen hair and stop hair problems.
2) Preservative free and natural
3) Cleanses hair well even if used after applying oil.
4) 100% organic 
5) Easily accessible
6) Works both as shampoo and conditioner.

CONS:
1) Since it is a bar, it may dissolve fast. So to avoid wastage, cut a required amount of this shampoo bar and keep the remaining for later use.
2) The results are not consistent and same for everyone.


Will I recommend it?
Not exactly. Shampoos are still better.

Will I buy it again?
No


You may also want to read my review on
SOULFLOWER Jojoba carrier oil, Grapeseed carrier oil review

Have you used any of the Soulflower products before? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.

Have a nice beauty sleep, sweeties!




Comments

Unknown said…
So which shampoo is good for hair growth???
Neha said…
Hi,

Can't tell about a shampoo, but massaging aloevera gel on scalp and keeping it for 20 minutes before hair wash really helps.
seostar2 said…
Natural goats milk, homemade, shampoo usually does not cause contact dermatitis, but for those rare people with specific sensitivities there are various homemade shampoo formulations available. shampoo bar