Skip to main content

LAKME Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette-GOLD Review, (EOTD), & Swatches

Hey everyone,

Today I have brought to you the review+EOTD with Lakme's Absolute Illuminating eye shadow palette in Gold. So read on for the full review and demo.


What the company says:
Backstage experts at Lakme Fashion Week bring to you a versatile palette with 6 unique shades developed to suit Indian skin tones. A multi-faceted eye shadow for the diva in you, Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette is here to give your eyes the ultimate shine!

Available in two distinctive palettes, the Silver Palette has 6 satin and shimmer finish shades that are perfect to glamorize your night look. To achieve an ideal day look, the Gold Palette has 6 other day-friendly shimmery shades that will brighten your all-day-long look.

These complimentary shades blend effortlessly to highlight your eyes and create different looks for all your special occasions.

Application:
Step 1: Using the sponge applicator and line your eyes in just one sweep.
Step 2: Create different looks by smudging with the applicator or use your fingers.
Step 3: Mix 2 or more shades to create new looks.
Step 4: For best results, use the day and night color palettes as per the time of the occasion.



NET WT. 7.5g
MRP: 995 INR
SHELF LIFE: 1 year

MY EXPERIENCE:

Make up for me is more about enhancing and highlighting my key features of the face than about hiding imperfections. I love lip and eye make up. and so is my love for eye palettes.

Lakme's this eye palette is for day time and is good for office wear and casual occasions. It has a good combination of light and medium dark colors. It has good pigmentation and two applications are enough to give good color pay off. Here are the swatches:




The first color is my favorite as it matches my skin tone (it is a nice gold shade) and is a good base color to hide any darkness or pigmentation on eyes. Second is a  cool black which can be well used to create a smoky eye effect. I personally don't like the 3rd shade as it is orangish and dulls my eyes. 4th is a cute green and can be used as a mono-shadow as well. I haven't tried the pink yet and 6th one, as you can see, is the lightest of all and can be used on the corner of the eyes, on the brow bone and the centre of the eyelid for highlighting.

Here is the EOTD created with this palette. I have left one eye plain, and on second eye I've completed the smokey look for you to easily notice the differences.
(first apply a good moisturiser or primer, I have applied an eye gel here after cleansing my face and  after finishing the eye makeup, I have brushed out the excess powder and applied some setting powder to make the color stay for long)

On left, nothing is applied, on right I have applied shade 1 as base color to cover the whole lid.

On right are used 2 colors after base, the outer part of lid is covered with shade 2, and middle part with shade 6 and 1.

Final effect! On left-nothing, On right- the completed smokey look.

Here for further effect, I have given my eye make up a finishing touch by enhancing brows with Maybelline Newyork's Fashion Brow double effect Pen; Oriflame's Giordani Gold Mascara; L'oreal Paris's Linear Magique liquid eyeliner


Overall thoughts:
Lakme's Gold Eye palette is a decent palette for everyday light make up. This palette adds definition to the eyes and will suit most of the skin tones.

PROS:
1) decent pigmentation
2) doesn't irritate the eyes.
3) easy to work with. Even beginners will find this palette quite easy to use, as colors blend easily.
4) blends well.
5) decent staying power (easily around 4-5 hours)
6) It really enhances the eyes' appeal.
7) All the shades have very fine shimmer particles which don't look loud and are in just right amount, enough to highlight the eyes.
8) The packaging is very cute and travel friendly.

CONS:
1) Applicator is good for applying mono shadows but a) not for creating different looks-you need separate brushes for that b) is very delicate so you've to be patient with it.
2) For blending these colors, again you need a brush otherwise the shade may look patchy. 
(I personally prefer using fingers for makeup but these eye shadows aren't finger friendly-At least for me)
3) The shades are light so if you're a person who likes darker or visible or dramatic shades, this is not the palette for you.
4) It is expensive but then we're getting 6 shades + sturdy packaging, so I think it is okay but I still feel it's pricey. 
5) Shelf life is only 1 year so one must use it more often to finish it within the time and justify the price paid.

Will I buy it again?
No chance. I prefer velvety feel of the shadows and these shadows have a chalky powdery feel.
Besides, I want to try other palettes!

Will I recommend it?
If you like powdery and light colors, and are getting discount on this palette, then yes. But I would not recommend this palette to anyone. I rather like ELF palette more than this one.

Do you have an eye palette of your dreams? Do share your experience with us in the comment section below.

With lots of love,
Neha


P.S Here is the pic of the other products and brushes used in this EOTD:

Comments