Skip to main content

Kunkumadi Tailam - Arya Vaidya Sala - Kottakkal

Hey everybody!

This time, I have brought Arya Vaidya Sala's KunKumadi Oil for review.

Before I start the review, let me tell you something about KUMKUMADI OIL in general, for those who don't know.

KumKumadi oil is one of the most popular oils in our Ayurveda, especially for skin treatments. Made from16 herbal ingredients, this oil has saffron as its main ingredient. The oil is considered one of the most reliable and effective ways to improve complexion (antioxidants present in saffron); lighten dark circles; reduce whiteheads, acne & blackheads (anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric) and keep skin wrinkle free and young.

Thus, this miraculous Kumkumadi oil is beneficial in making skin young, glowing, radiant and flawless.

There are many companies which prepare and or sell this oil. You might have heard of Kama Ayurveda's Miraculous Kumkumadi oil. But because Kama Ayurveda's oil is super expensive (somewhere around 1800 INR), I decided to try a cheaper version as the ingredients are same. So, here I am going to review one from Arya Vaidya Sala. Let's get started!


About the company: 
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (AVS) is a century old Charitable Institution engaged in the practice and propagation of Ayurveda, the ancient health care system of India. Arya Vaidya Sala offers classical Ayurvedic medicines and authentic Ayurvedic treatments and therapies to patients from all over India and abroad.

What the company claims: Interestingly, nothing!

Ingredients:
Net wt: 10 ml
MRP: 363 INR
Shelf life: 3 years

MY EXPERIENCE :

Before I start, let me tell you about my skin. I have combination baby soft skin. I am medium fair and come under NC 35-40. My skin is sensitive to harsh products and also easily gets tanned and dull under given environmental conditions. I have dark circles and tanned forehead and chin.

So, I wanted something that would maintain my natural glow and bring back the true color of my complexion. I have previously tried Vichy Normaderm's anti imperfection day cream (review coming soon) but apart from imparting glow it didn't do much for the imperfections on my face. So, this time I thought of trying this oil.

I have recently fallen in love with facial oils, and this oil, especially has become a must have for me!
I use it every night after cleansing and toning my face. I take 4-5 drops of this oil. Apply on overall face in dots and then gently massage it into the skin in outward motions. I also apply it on lips and gently tap the oil in under eyes area as well.

This oil has a very strong smell but it fades in 5-10 minutes. It makes my skin look yellowish for some minutes (maybe because of turmeric) but it's okay as it is a night treatment. Every morning when I wake up, I am amazed at the fact that although it is an oil and my skin is combination, there is no sign of sebum anywhere on skin. Another OMG fact is no matter how many breakouts I had got, when I wake up, either those acnes, pimples are gone or have reduced! It also works silently on the acne or pimple scars. My skin feels softer and pores'size appear reduced. Besides, the skin looks fairer and tanning has also lessened. The dark circles have also lightened but on lips I have not observed much change as of now. I hope it soon starts working on my lip pigmentation too.

 I am absolutely in love with this oil at the moment!

Overall thoughts:
This oil is a must try for all skin types and for all age groups (excluding under 18)

PROS:
1) The oil is absolutely herbal and made from natural ingredients.
2) It improves the skin texture making skin soft and radiant.
3) reduces pigmentation and dark circles. (update after 6 months: it lightens them but they don't completely disappear)
4) heals acnes and treats breakouts.
5) calms tanned skin and makes skin fair.(fairness comes slowly, so be patient)
6) Comes in a nozzle so very easy to use
7) Travel friendly packing.

CONS:
1) Some may not like the smell, but as I said it is momentarily.
2) Some might find it expensive, but trust me it's worth every penny and better than many expensive creams or gels.
3) Availability could be an issue. but Arya Vaidya Sala has branches across India. You can personally go and buy it from their store or contact their Kerala office and they'll deliver it right at your doorstep!

Will I buy it again?
Of course. It might as well be my HG night treatment for skin!

Will I recommend it?
Of course! Do give it a try. Who knows it might become your HG product as well:)

NOTE of caution:
USE this oil ONLY in night time.
Don't use any moisturiser or serum after it.
Do use a toner after cleanser or use rose water as toner, let the toner dry, then use this oil.
Also, be patient while trying it. You will start noticing effects within a week. but give it a month to work on your skin. (I appear biased right? But I am actually excited and just happy with its effectiveness!)

I hope you find this review useful. Do you have a night cream that you have fallen in love with?
Write to us in comment section below.

With lots of love,
Neha

Comments

Alberta said…
where can i Buy?
Neha said…
HI, It is available on Amazon India.

Lots of Love,
Unknown said…
how much time it takes to remove pigmenattion on chicks
Neha said…
Hey dear,

It may take 1-2 years for the pigmentation to fade, but it won't completely disappear. Besides, this product alone may not be enough. Try using Lotus herbals youthX day or night cream. The results start showing in 4-5 months. Also, avoid sun exposure and bleaching with ammonia.

If still, your pigmentation doesn't fade, contact Shenaz on her instagram page: thecontentlounge . She is an esthetician and provides free consultation on her page.

Hope this helps,
With lots of love,
Unknown said…
Use licorice powder by blenditraw. Mix it in face pack or apply as it is. Definitely works. Here's the link://www.blenditrawapothecary.in/
Nirosha said…
Can we use this everyday at night