Skip to main content

Gokul Sandiva Pure Sandalwood Face Powder

Hey everyone,

Never ever I thought that I will be reviewing a product bought randomly in a supermarket! But this product is worth mentioning. So read on for the full review.



What the company claims: Make Up that works to give you flawless finish.
Gokul Sandiva Face powder is a natural make up. Its chemical-free formula suits all skin types. It works all day to give you a clear, glowing complexion and the fragrance of natural sandalwood keeps you feeling fresh through the day.

Key Ingredients: Sandalwood, Saffron, Rose Extracts
Net wt. 5 grams
Price: 105 INR
Shelf life: 3 years

MY EXPERIENCE

I bought it just randomly while buying some stuff in Ratnadeep Super Market 2 years ago. It was resting in my Almirah for 2 years. Just recently, I have become obsessed with all sorts of powders and bought MAC's Mineralize skin finish, I already have Oriflame's translucent powder and by chance my eyes fell on this powder which I never used until now.

I thought of giving it a try since ingredients were all natural and I am an ardent lover of natural or close to nature products. I have been using this for over a week now. And I found it really worth reviewing.

I use this powder after moisturising my skin. I take a powder brush, swirl it on the powder, tap the excess on the lid, and then brush it all over my face with special focus on oily T zone. The powder instantly makes my skin look fair and radiant. It also makes my pores look smaller, hence, giving my face a soft look.

The lasting power of this powder in moderate climate (30-36 degree centigrade) is approximately 5 hours. I am yet to check its staying power in summer. 

The only thing is they don't have the shade range, so while it is good to go for medium fair to fair skin tones, it may not be the right product for darker skin tones.

Overall thoughts:
Gokul Sandiva powder is a good powder especially for the beginners in make-up field. It makes the skin look fair and radiant.

PROS:
1) The first thing you notice when you unwind this cute little lid is, its pleasant sandalwood fragrance
2) It makes the skin look lighter in color.
3) Imparts radiance.
4) doesn't make the skin look chalky
5) decent staying power
6) budget friendly
7) survives sweating.
8) blends well in to the skin
9) Doesn't give dry patches.(however, every powder needs good moisturiser underneath, so do moisturise the skin before applying it)
10) Doesn't accentuate the pores or fine lines.

CONS:
1) It doesn't give any coverage at all so don't expect it to hide any blemishes or dark spots.
2) It doesn't have any shade range.
3) They have mentioned key ingredients, I doubt whether it is a complete list or not.
4) Availability could be an issue.

Will I buy it again?
I don't think so. It is a good powder but I need a powder with some coverage. So next in my list is Loreal's pressed powder. Secondly, I need a compact not a loose powder when I am travelling or in office.

Will I recommend it?
For oily, combination, and normal skin beauties who are medium fair to fair, this product can be given  a try if you're looking only for skin radiance.

Which powder is your favorite? Do share its name in the comment section below.

With lots and lots of love,
Neha

Comments