Skip to main content

Biotique Dandelion Ageless Lightening Serum


Hi to all ‘Alice in the wonderland’!

Today we will talk about SERUMs- which have become a  popular & favorite product of all those who want to look beautiful today & ever.
For those who don’t know, Serums are nothing but moisturizers . Just that serums are more concentrated & more powerfulJ Serums penetrate deeper in the skins & hence work like a magic .

(Some analysts argue that serums can do more harm to the skin for the very same reason that they can go deep inside the skin where moisturizers are unable to reach & may take bacteria, chemicals etc. along with it. However, this point can be taken care of if you choose your serum carefully & wash your hands well before applying serum)

There are all sorts of serums , Brightening serum, anti ageing serum, whitening serum , anti pigmentation serum  & what not.

My secret desire revolved around a serum that would brighten, tighten, soften my skin & this desire brought me to Biotique’s Dandelion Serum . Here is my experience with this product.




About The product & its claim:-
This lightening serum is a rare combination of pure dandelion, rich in Vitamin E and minerals, blended with nutmeg oil. Used regularly, it helps brighten skin, fade dark spots and ease away wrinkles for a flawless complexion.

How to use:- Massage a few drops inti cleansed face & neck , before moisturizer, morning & evening.

Ingredients:-
Bihidana, Halon, Jaiphal, Badam, Surajmukhi, Khamir, Doodhal, Ground nut oil, Himalyan water Q.S
Qty. 210 ML
Price:-620/-
Shelf life:-4 years

Consistency- a combination of Jelly & cream.

My EXPERIENCE:-
I craved for a good serum. & these days I have developed an aversion towards synthetic/ artificial fragrances. So I was very particular about my serum. While I was buying it  @ health & glow store, the lady  suggested to apply it for at least 21 days to see the difference in skin. I was okay. I was super happy when she gave me a Biotique facial & a small bottle of fairness wash  with my purchase as complementary gifts. When the first time I applied this serum, I noticed how quickly my skin absorbed it. I was amused. The next day my skin was dancing & so was I. My face looked so fresh with the dewy glow. The next day my skin required half the amount it needed on the first day. I could see that it was working. After some days, My skin appeared softer, the skin’s pore size was also reduced to some extent around my nose ( I have a T zone ). I was so happy with it!



But it does make a little too shiny sometimes and gives acnes to acne prone skin if one is not being careful with the quantity.
It doesn’t whiten the skin if you are expecting. However, it brightens the skin (to some extent) .

Pros
1. It is Ayurvedic. So very safe.
2. Preservative free
3. Organically pure
4. Mild fragrance which seems to be of the ingredients & not an artificial fragrance.
5. It definitely stands up to its claims!!!!!!!!
6. It reduces the size of pores. (takes time. Give it a month to work )
7. It makes the skin soft.
8. It adds a natural glow to the skin.
9. It brightens the skin.  (Again, it takes time to brighten, but give it a month)
10. Anti ageing properties. (Although I can’t second this claim)

Cons:-
1. Comes with a nozzle. A serum is supposed to be protected from any kind of air exposure as much as possible. So, nozzle is clearly unwelcomed .
2. It is Ayurvedic, so it takes time to show its effect.
3. It might not be the product for oily & acne prone skins.


Overall Verdict- An Average but safe serum in the long run. Dandelion is affordable & one bottle really lasts long, as it needs very small quantity.

Word of caution: - Make sure you don’t go out without sunscreen if using any serum. I prefer using it only in night time. (Any product works better at night) Also, keep it out of air as its effect will lose its intensity otherwise.

Will I recommend it?
Yes. I don’t see any harm in using it. But it is more like experimental approach. It would work well on some lucky girls’ skins & not at all on others’.

Have you tried this?
Share your views here!

 Meet you all in the next post. Keep enjoying!

Comments

Unknown said…
I got severe pimples after using this for 2 weeks. I'm using it only on nights without any moisturizer. Mornings I'll just apply lotus sunscreen.
How do I efficiently use this product?
Neha said…
Hi Shubha,
I would say, Don't use it
If you are getting a lot of pimples, that means your skin doesn't like it. Try Vichy products instead. I have become very fond of their products. They suit really well. You can go to one of their counters and ask for free samples to try if it suits your skin. the quantity in sample lasts for 3-5 days.
Have a great skin! Take care!